Welcome to the Network-Based Computing (NBC) Laboratory at the Computer Science and Engineering Department!
Many state-of-the-art and exciting research projects are being carried out by various members of the group, including:
- High Performance MPI on Infiniband Cluster
- Programming model support for Co-Processor (GPU & MIC)
- High Performance Computing with Virtualization
- Scalable Filesystems and I/O
- Performance Evaluation of Cluster Networking and I/O Technologies
- Networking, Storage and Middleware Support for Cloud Computing and DataCenters
- High Performance Runtime for PGAS Models (OpenSHMEM, UPC and CAF)
- BigData (Hadoop,Spark & Memcached)
The objectives of the research group are as follows:
- Proposing new designs for high performance network-based computing systems by taking advantages of modern networking technologies and computing systems
- Developing better middleware, API, and programming environments so that modern network-based computing applications can be developed and implemented in a scalable and high performance manner
- Performing the above research in an integrated manner (by taking systems, networking, and applications into account)
- Focusing on experimental computer science research
The projects in the Laboratory are funded by U.S. National Science Foundation, U.S. DOE Office of Science, Ohio Board of Regents, ODOD, Cisco Systems, Cray, Intel, Linux Networx, Mellanox, NVIDIA, QLogic, and Sun Microsystems; and equipment donations from Advanced Clustering, AMD, Appro, Chelsio, Dell, Fulcrum, Fujitsu, Intel, Mellanox, Microway, NetEffect, QLogic and Sun. Other technology partner includes: TotalView Technologies.
4th Annual MVAPICH User Group (MUG) Meeting to take place on August 15-17, 2016 in Columbus, Ohio, USA. Click here for more details.
Upcoming Tutorials: IB and HSE at ISC '16
Upcoming Talk at OpenStack Summit, Austin: Building Efficient HPC Clouds with MVAPICH2 and OpenStack over SR-IOV enabled InfiniBand Clusters.
Community Voting for Hadoop Summit, San Jose. Vote for HiBD presentation on "Big Data Meets HPC".
Upcoming Talk on Big Data Acceleration at Hadoop Summit, Dublin, Ireland.