Welcome to the Network-Based Computing (NBC) Laboratory at the Computer Science and Engineering Department!
Many state-of-the-art and exciting research projects are being carried out by various members of the group, including:
- High Performance MPI on Infiniband Cluster
- Programming model support for Co-Processor (GPU & MIC)
- High Performance Computing with Virtualization
- Scalable Filesystems and I/O
- Performance Evaluation of Cluster Networking and I/O Technologies
- Networking, Storage and Middleware Support for Cloud Computing and DataCenters
- High Performance Runtime for PGAS Models (OpenSHMEM, UPC and CAF)
- BigData (Hadoop,Spark & Memcached)
The objectives of the research group are as follows:
- Proposing new designs for high performance network-based computing systems by taking advantages of modern networking technologies and computing systems
- Developing better middleware, API, and programming environments so that modern network-based computing applications can be developed and implemented in a scalable and high performance manner
- Performing the above research in an integrated manner (by taking systems, networking, and applications into account)
- Focusing on experimental computer science research
The projects in the Laboratory are funded by U.S. National Science Foundation, U.S. DOE Office of Science, Ohio Board of Regents, Ohio Department of Development, Cisco Systems, Cray, Intel, Linux Networx, Mellanox, NVIDIA, QLogic, and Sun Microsystems; and equipment donations from Advanced Clustering, AMD, Appro, Chelsio, Dell, Fulcrum, Fujitsu, Intel, Mellanox, Microway, NetEffect, QLogic and Sun. Other technology partner includes: TotalView.
Upcoming Tutorials: Accelerating Big Data Processing with Hadoop, Spark and Memcached at Hot Interconnect 2016, Field Programmable Logic and Applications (FPL '16), IEEE Cluster 2016, and Supercomputing 2016. Past Tutorials presented at: ISCA 2016, CCGrid 2016, ASPLOS 2016, and HPCA 2016.
4th Annual MVAPICH User Group (MUG) Meeting to take place on August 15-17, 2016 in Columbus, Ohio, USA. Student Travel Grants are available. Click here for more details.
Upcoming Tutorials: MVAPICH2 optimization and tuning at XSEDE '16, MPI+PGAS at IEEE Cluster '16, IB and HSE at SC '16. Past tutorials of IB and HSE presented at ISC '16, MPI+PGAS presented at ICS '16 and PPoPP '16.
Talk on Big Data Acceleration Presented at Hadoop Summit, Dublin, Ireland.
NBCL will be Enabling a New Future for Cloud. More details are available here.